3010 – 02 – Knowing OSHA PPE Requirements
Different standards for OSHA are going to have specific PPE requirements for different industries. Some standards state that the employers will provide PPE at no cost to the employee. Others state that they merely need to provide it. In some cases, the employee needs to pay for it. There are some requirements that are universal through all industries. They are:
• Do a hazard assessment to understand hazards in the workplace
• Figure out the proper PPE and give it to employees
• Ensure employees use the PPE
• Educate employees in how PPE is utilized.
• Perform the proper upkeep on PPE
• Review, renew, and re-evaluate PPE effectiveness.
OSHA’s PPE requirements for employees are:
• Correctly utilize PPE
• Train with the PPE
• Clean and maintain PPE
• Tell Supervisor when PPE needs to be replaced or repaired.
Everyone plays a big role in the use of PPE. All the different industries have more requirements, which are determined by the hazard assessment.
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
The first step determining PPE requirements is…CorrectIncorrect