3010 – 08 – Understanding the Types of Eye and Face Protection
You can find eye and ear protection in pretty much every type of manufacturing environment or in workplaces like medical labs and metalworking shops. Since there are many hazards in these workplaces, there are a lot of types of eye and face PPE. OSHA says these are the five most common:
• Safety spectacles are eyeglasses with metal or plastic frames and impact-resistant lenses that can offer vision correction.
• Goggles are tight fitting eye protection, which cover the eyes, sockets and part of the facial area.
• Welding Shields are created from heat-resistant materials and are fitted with a dark, filtered lens which helps shield against intense light and debris. There are specific shields for each type of welding.
• Laser goggles protect the eye against lasers and are picked based on what is available in the workplace.
• Face shields are transparent plastic sheets that completely block a worker’s face from the work area. Goggles can be worn in conjunction.
Hazard assessments go a long way in figuring out which sort of eye and face protection will be required for a workspace. The employers need to make sure they provide OSHA approved PPE.
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
List the 5 most common types of Face PPE.CorrectIncorrect