3020 – 14 – The Importance of Employee Training
A key part of machine guarding is proper training for all employees. Anybody who interacts with manufacturing machinery should understand how and why machine guards are used. OSHA sets training standards for machine guards. They include:
• Identification of machines safety hazards
• Identification of safeguards and directions for how to use them
• How, when, and why safeguards can be removed.
• What a lockout/tagout procedure is and when it should occur
• What to do when safeguards are damaged or inadequate
Every worker needs to have a foundational understanding of safeguarding, but maintenance workers and machine operators need more specific training. Any time new machinery is bought, workers should receive training about how to use it safely.
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Required by OSHA, all employees should know the 5 basics to Safe guards being:CorrectIncorrect